Ocean Properties Hotels Resorts & Affiliates are committed to furnish its hotels with environmentally friendly products and best practices with customers and staff, including:
- Green practices in our administrative offices
- Recycled paper products
- Housekeeping cleaners and detergents
- Waste management and recycling
- Landscaping pesticides and fertilizers
- Guest linen policies
- Water conservation in faucets
- Toilets and shower heads
- Energy efficient lighting and appliances
- Heating and cooling management
- Educational signage
- Kitchen, food and beverage
Our green practices have earned us recognition as Environmental Leaders in Green Lodging for several Maine properties, and Green Lodging Certification for the majority of our 30 Florida resorts and hotels. The Hilton Albuquerque was also honored with a Green Zia Award for energy conservation. In addition, many of our hotels and resorts offer Green Packages for leisure travelers and Green Meetings for environmentally conscious groups.
The Sagamore Resort has partnered with Clean the World, distributing recycled soap products, along with appropriate education materials, to impoverished countries worldwide, and to domestic homeless shelters. The program keeps millions of pounds of soap and shampoo out of already overflowing landfills and fragile groundwater systems, while reducing the spread of diseases in countries where hand soap is unobtainable.